Can Bullying Cause Depression?
As adults, most of us are well aware that bullying is wrong, and there are many other problems associated with it. Depression is one of those issues that can last well into adulthood if not addressed as soon as possible. There are many effects that can cause all kinds of problems. They may:
1) Not want to go to school
2) Be unusually quiet or secretive
3) Be more unhappy or anxious than usual, especially before or after school, sport or wherever the bullying is happening
4) Not have many friends
5) Become more isolated – stop hanging around with friends or lose interest in school or social activities
6) Seem over-sensitive or weepy
7) Have angry outbursts
8) Have trouble sleeping
9) Complain about having headaches, stomach aches or other physical problems.